Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

God is the Comforter

The Sunday before Christmas I was up late working on the Sunday solos for church. When I finished, I went to bed, but I was feeling very uncomfortable and went back into the living room so as not to disturb my husband. I tried my best to pray but was not able to keep my thought focused as the material senses were screaming for attention--and it soon became apparent that I was either going to have to waken my husband and go to the hospital, or totally rely on Christian Science.

I chose the latter---and I believe that that choice was a contributing factor to my quick healing. I was able to get the phone and dial a practitioner whose phone number I knew and whose name came to my thought. It was hard to speak coherently but the practitioner began declaring the truth and also soon recognized who I was.

She called me back every half hour and by the third call I was able to tell her that I just couldn't get comfortable,--And she said with conviction--"God has given us the Comforter" and then she read the words to hymn 174.

"Like as a mother, God comforteth His children:Comfort is calm. that bids all tumult cease: Comfort is hope and courage for endeavor.Comfort is love, whose home abides in peace."
By the time she had finished reading that hymn I did start to feel "comforted" And she said we were going to be grateful and rejoice for God's healing presence and power and His great love for His creation.

When she hung up I began singing that hymn over and over to myself and thanking our Father-Mother God for His love and care--- and with that I fell into a peaceful sleep. I was healed.

I am so very grateful to God, for Christian Science, and for the selfless labor and loving support of the practitioner. I would also like to acknowledge that although my husband is not a Christian Scientist and expressed much fear when he found me, he knew I was receiving help from the practitioner and he supported my decision, and was also able to witness the healing power of Christian Science.

- Lovingly submitted
Nancy