Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Reaction to bee sting healed

A couple of weeks ago, when I opened our compost bin, I saw that bees had moved in. I tried to move away and not bother them, but one bee stung me on my face. I tried to hold to the thought of having no reaction to any of God’s creatures, but I was afraid, and my face became swollen.

One of the definitions of “fear” in Science &Health is “inflammation.” I told the Christian Science Practitioner that I had been working with that I was afraid. She reminded me that I had dominion over every creeping creature. This is from Genesis 1:26. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." She then asked me to read everything that Mrs. Eddy has to say about dominion, which I did.

I read many, many passages regarding man’s God-given dominion over the whole earth. When I finished I said to myself, “That’s it! I have God-given dominion!” The fear was gone and the swelling went away soon.

I am very grateful for Christian Science and for Christian Science Practitioners who are always ready to help us.

Carolyn