Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Fresh approach to daily prayer

The idea I wanted to share came to me as my assignment for the day. I cut some notecards into squares and on each one wrote a focus for public prayer, e.g., Sunday School, church, Reading Room, the community, world leaders, journalists, parents, children, Christian Science Board of Directors, my church's Board, the Monitor, TMC Youth, the world, practitioners. I think there were a couple more.

Anyway, I shuffled the cards and then drew one for each section of the Bible Lesson this week, counting the Golden Text and Responsive Reading as an additional section. Then I worked through each section seeing how it applied to whomever was on the card. And BOY did they apply!

It occurred to me that this was specific treatment since I was taking universal truths and making them specific to a particular situation. This has expanded my thought about what specific treatment is!
-Erin