Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Color your prayer and have fun

One day when I was having trouble feeling in control of my own thought, I decided to write out all the erroneous blah-blah in human consciousness. I typed it out in a teal color on my computer. Then I went above that and typed in bright blue all the spiritual truths that appeared to apply to the situation. It ended with a great insight about reflection, ie being the reflection of God.

Why teal and blue? Well, I'd read an article on www.spirituality.com where a lady who had been suffering from depression thought about how Jesus walked over the waves...he didn't muddle through them. He just claimed dominion.

So I realized that right then I was in need of a helicopter to rise in thought, not a machete to whack through problems, and followed that example. The teal was the ocean of error, and the blue was the clear sky above. And because it was done in a word processor...there were no waves on the ocean! It was absolutely level and calm!

I keep seeing more and more that God is giving me inspiration in a way that I connect with. SO SO NEAT!!
- Erin