Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

God is not in the fire

I was driving home from Orlando and had to exit freeway in Melbourne due to smoke on I95 (common in summer). Was driving down US 1 about 10 miles from home and it was closed due to a fire. So I was told how to get home, I drove right by the fire and prayed to know all was well (seemed fairly small just alot of smoke). In the am talked to my sister who said there was a large 5,000 acres wildfire going in the area I drove through and another in an adjacent community. The thought came that I should check on a woman I had ridden with who owned property near where I drove by the fire. I was able to reach her through another friend and I offered our property (we are on new land-later on that demonstration). She stated she was fine and thanks for the offer.

When I was out at our property you could see the 2nd fire just to the west of us and building, I went home and began to pray. The verse: He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways and the 23rd Psalm. I especially held to He shall lead me beside still waters. It was the leading and stillness that I seemed to need.

Later that afternoon my friend called and stated I was the only one she could reach she and another women with horses needed to evacuate. I called our friend, told her Pat needed us and we picked up all the horses (11 in total). And put them on our two properties. From a human standpoint it was pretty scary, but I was able to see beyond and see the calm and protection. When I arrived for the second load of horses this woman was pretty shaken and stated that God had given her this property and know was taking it, I stopped her and said no, God never takes what he has given. I then told her I was praying with the 23rd Psalm and the other verse from the 91st. She looked at me, her eyes got soft and said yes her friend had the 23rd on her wall and she would pray with that, and that God had given her their home. She seemed much calmer and we went about our business. After dropping off the horses she and her husband went home to do what they could. I learned the next day the fire came up to her property and stopped.

Well, the fire near us got a lot worse and we began to talk about the possibility of having to evacuate. That night I prayed to still my thoughts and know that God was in control and all would be lead to do what was right for all involved. The next morning the wind had shifted so it seemed we were going to be out of the fires path. That afternoon there became real concern that it might affect us after all. So, I came home, to get my thoughts right. The online chat was going so I turned that on and just listened and then they ended with thoughts on the events in China, exactly what I needed. Worked on readings for Board mtg using 91st Ps and the 1st P of the answer to What is Mind? I went outside to go to the horses around 5:30 and it appeared that the fire had been contained and greatly reduced. REJOICE!

-DL Florida