Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Boy healed - translation

I want to share my testimony, to begin I have a son named Diego who is a beautiful child. It all started in December when Diego got sick with a very serious cold that complicated over time. No medicine had an effect until one day I had to take him to the hospital because they told me that he had bronchial pneumonia. This occurred almost 8 months ago until my son couldn’t handle any more medicine (the medicine had no effect) and every day had cold, fever, phlegm etc.

One day my boss told me that his wife studied Christian Science y how it had been helping in many questions and well he invited us one day to his house in order to talk with his wife, she gave all one afternoon to talk with us explaining how Christian Science works and well it seemed to me very interesting and I began to read the book that she gave me.

Later she told me that Elise Moore was coming to give some lectures about Christian Science and tell how to pray and how to feel closer to God, so I attended and I liked it a lot and began to put into practice what I was learning little by little.

One night my son got sick again with this problem of bronchitis and began to have difficulties breathing, fever, cough, crying and more crying, I was alone, I didn’t have a car, I didn’t have any medicine, I didn’t have any money, I didn’t have a telephone in order to call someone that could help me, but I remembered what I had learned in the Christian Science lecture and I began to practice it and I began to pray affirming that my son was a child of God that was made in His image and likeness therefore he couldn’t be sick because God had made him well and without suffering that he was a happy child, intelligent, and healthy; I prayed like this until suddenly my son began to breathe calmly, stopped crying, his chest stopped making that fearful noise like it had been forever and he went to sleep. Since then my son hasn’t been sick, ie no sickness returned, and today he is a completely healthy child and this for me was the greatest proof to me of the power that Christian Science has.

- E. Diaz