Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sharing Christ healing with others

Since taking class instruction in Christian Science and especially since the last Association address on "Being a Disciple of Christ" I am finding myself more and more willing to reach out in sharing the Christ, Truth with others.

I have a friend whom I have known for over 10 years now who in the last couple of years has had several physical problems. About 2 years ago in casual conversation it somehow came out that I was a Christian Scientist, to which she immediately said, "I was raised in Christian Science, but since my marriage have gone to my husband's church."

I didn't think much more about it at the time, but recently she has had a recurrence of a problem and bad reactions to medications. I was told by someone else that she was going to try a different doctor.

Knowing I would see her at a luncheon we were to attend 2 weeks ago, I put a Science and Health in the car and was determined to ask if she'd like it. I first asked her if she still had one (was going to give her one if she said no, but she said yes.) I said I'd really like her to take time to read a little in Science and Health by Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. I thought she would find some things that might be helpful to her.

Her reply was "You know, I've been thinking about how I could get that book that gives the weekly lessons and maybe trying to read some." She didn't remember the name Christian Science Quarterly, which has the weekly Bible Lessons. She asked did I know where there was a Reading Room anywhere near her.

So, I told her about the Full-text edition of the Bible Lesson, which has the verses from the Bible and the corresponding sentences from Science and Health written out in paragraph format. I also told her that I worked in our Christian Science Reading Room and could easily send her the Full-text edition. There is not a Reading Room near her at all.

The next day at church I got the August edition of the Bible lessons, and also the July one as I thought she'd like the last Bible lesson there, too. They were in the mail the next day.

I received a beautiful thank you including the statement, "It's been a long time since I've read any Christian Science material. It was almost like coming home. I had been trying to remember the Scientific Statement of Being." [page 468 of Science and Health] She really liked the Full-text making it easier to follow the flow of the lesson.

And to think that I might not have said anything!

Lessons to me: Don't ever hold back what you can share.
Sharing is not pushing nor proselytizing, it is loving and caring.
It feels so good to be able to reach out to others with the Truth.

-LW from Minnesota