Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Monday, April 06, 2009

The Comforter removes fear

The Comforter is Divine Science. I get that. But, at the same time I didn't. I realize I haven't given much thinking into what exactly the 'Science' of Divine Science means. Actually, I have given this thought, but I was recently listening to the TMC Youth podcast #68 by Daniel Scott (www.spirituality.com) It really had a lot of amazing thoughts on the Comforter and the Scientific aspect of Divine Science. The ideas are so simple, but at the same time really powerful.

Divine Science is a science. It is practical, universal and always available. Since it is a science, it is a law working all times and in all situations. The law that 1+1=2 is and always has been there. Nothing will ever change that. We don't need to struggle to keep the law correct. Even if everyone on the planet were yelling that 1+1=3, it doesn't change the law. We don't need to fight to make 1+1=2 It always is. It is the law.

Then I asked myself why Mary Baker Eddy called this Divine Law the Comforter. The thought quickly came that there is no fear in science. Mathematicians do not go to war over the laws of mathematics. 1+1=2 regardless of the language or how the numbers are said/written. When you know and have demonstrated the law that 1+1=2 there is no reason to fear or be aggressive against the belief that 1+1=3. You know the law. You know what is true. You dismiss what is not true and never give the fear (False Evidence Appearing Real) another moment's thought.

This is the Comforter. While I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear nothing. (Ps 23:4) This truth, this law is unchanged and always operating. There is nothing to fight against. There is nothing to fear. As it says in this week's Bible lesson. "there is nothing left to be doctored"

This reminds me of a conversation I was having with a friend. The subject of fears came up. As in clowns, spiders, etc. She asked me what I was scared of and I could not think of a single thing. The Comforter is always here completely destroying fear of every kind. When I was in High School my dad was laid off from his job. Thinking back, I do not remember being scared even then. I was shocked. I didn't know what we we were going to do, but the Comforter was there. Divine Truth was and continues to be a very present help supporting myself and my family. Leading us to where we need to be.

It is so comforting to know that there is no supernatural battle going on between good and evil. There is only God and His perfect law, Divine Science.

~Chad