Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Neighbors Left a Pit Bull Chained to a Tree

Eve, a pit bull, lived next door tied to a tree with a heavy chain. One day her owner moved and left her there, tied to the tree. My husband and I made phone calls to different agencies. We either got recordings or the shelters were full. As a last resort we called Animal Control. They came and put a notice on the house next door. They never came back. In the meantime I was feeding Eve and making sure she had water. I would also let her off the chain for short periods so she could run and play. Despite a pit bull's reputation and her mistreatment, she was sweet and loving.

I know we can't be separated from our Father/Mother Love. God is loving and caring for each of His/Her ideas. I had been praying during this time, asking God what to do. Where does she belong? Please show us, Father. We had two dogs of our own and didn't want another one. But I continued to pray, "Father, please show me".

One day I came home from church and Eve had gotten loose from her chain. She'd crawled through a bar of our gate into our yard. There she was with our other two dogs, inside our fence looking out at me, all wagging their tails. Some dogs want out of fenced yards. She wanted in! She looked so happy and content in our yard. She was showing me where she wanted to belong. Eve now lives at our house. She gets along fine with our two dogs. We're so glad for this addition to our family!
-Nancy