Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Slip and fall injury healed

One cold morning several years ago I was meeting friends to play golf. I stepped out of the golf shop onto a rubber mat that I did not realize was frozen. The cleats on my golf shoes reacted almost like blades on ice skates, and I found myself flat on the concrete porch, mostly landing on my elbow. My friends were waiting for me down at the first tee. I picked myself up and assessed the situation. I knew I could go home and nurse the elbow, or I could go play golf. I decided to stay and play.

While I was walking around the course, I was declaring the unreality of the claim of accident and injury, as well as working with truths from the Bible and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy, including the “Scientific Statement of Being” from “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures” (page 468). In spite of this, when I got home I was only able to raise my arm in a limited way.

At this time I was playing tennis with my friend once or twice a week. She called me on a regular basis to ask me to meet her for tennis. I would make an excuse and assure her I would play soon. Finally one Wednesday about three weeks later she called. I said to myself, “I have to face up to this and meet it.” I agreed to play and spent the entire day praying, and declaring myself to be what I am: the uninjured perfect child of God.

I finished the tennis match in freedom and went home to prepare dinner, clear the dishes from the kitchen sink, and get to church. Immediately after stepping away from the sink and closing the back door on my way to church, the fluorescent light over the sink exploded, blowing glass fragments upstairs and downstairs. My husband said to me, “You would have been severely injured if you had been standing thee.” But, I was exactly what I had declared and realized myself to be: the uninjured, perfect child of God.

I am deeply indebted to God, to Christ Jesus, to Mrs. Eddy, and to the wonderful Biblical characters who have all pointed the way to live with freedom and joy. I am, also very grateful for Primary Class instruction in Christian Science.

-Betty