Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Using the "No!" prayer


After attending the lecture "Texting God: Effective Short Prayers", I mentioned to my husband last night how much I'm enjoying using the effective short "no" prayer. He replied, "Yeah, I used it successfully this morning to stop a headache in its tracks." :-) He asked me to let you know.
Today, I was enjoying finding effective short prayers in the Christian Science Bible Lesson and then went to the Christian Science Monitor to use them. My heart wrenched when I read about the flood victims in Pakistan -- the problems seem so big and so longstanding. Then I remembered, "Trust thou in the Lord; he is their help and their shield" (Psalm 115:9) and was filled with such a sense of God's allness and love that I realized that God is on the case and they will find solutions for every problem they are facing.
- V. Hughes

Labels: , , ,