Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Kittie healed - cancer healed

Recently our youngest cat (we have four!) had one eye swollen shut and dripping with fluid. I prayed about it and told myself not to keep looking at the physical picture for evidence of healing because matter has no intelligence to improve or not improve. But I did glance at the eye and saw some improvement but it wasn't completely healed.

That day I listened to a Sentinel CD. It featured a man who was told by a doctor that he had a cancerous growth on his face. He was playing golf at the time and as he walked down the fairway he was silently declaring that he was a complete, spiritual idea -- not a mortal that something could be added to or taken away from. He rejoiced in the fact that God made him complete. And this brought a feeling of calm and peace. He later discovered that the growth was gone from his face.

I took this idea and declared that our cat was also a complete, spiritual idea. She was not a material creature with an eye problem that could get better or worse. As I continued to pray, I found the most important thing to me was to gain a better understanding of God's allness and ever presence. I kept on praying until I felt a sense of peace and well-being.

Again, I refused to look at the eye to confirm or deny progress. After all, progress is spiritual. And matter can't confirm or deny that which is spiritual.

However later on I naturally did look at the cat and saw both eyes were normal. It was a wonderful learning experience that God does all the healing work.

-Paul