Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Feeling of malaise healed

It started with a feeling of malaise. I just didn’t feel good at all!

Remembering how important it is to find help in times of distress, "The good cannot lose their God, their help in times of trouble." MIS. 10:12, I called a Christian Scientist experienced in prayer, and sought support in my understanding.

The Christian Science practitioner I called talked about "staying with God today", "Don’t think about anything else but God", and gave two pages of Science and Health, page 275, and 335, and from the Bible, Psalms, that especially appealed to her in the discussion of God.

What caught my thought was on page 335 of Science and Health. It said in part,"...we gain the eternal unfolding of Life as immortality brought to light."

Accepting God as Life, the above phrase seemed to say that I could know the qualities of God, Life, and be led to the higher sense of my life...little ‘l’. I had a glimpse of divine possibilities.

Next, what came to me was quite a surprise. It was something a friend had told me she had learned as a child in a Christian Science Sunday School. The "5 G’s" she called them. God Good Guards, Guides, Governs. The acknowledgment that God, good guards the lovely ideas of Himself, made me feel protected, assured of the protection that goodness deserves. I identified that goodness as part of me. That God, good guides me. I had felt adrift. A change in circumstances had been going on for what seemed a long time. Though the way may be rough, I now knew I was being guided. What a relief, really. Tears of gratitude and gladness filled my eyes. My heart was overflowing with happiness.

I was up and out, and on my way for the day.

The ramifications of this new understanding, the depth of the meaning, will be unfolding for me for a long time to come, as most new ideas do. The instantaneous relief that I felt was a wonderful proof of the efficacy of Christian Science to heal.

-Sandie