Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Rescue at sea

I'm deeply grateful for the protection I have received down through the years. I owe my life to Christian Science and the knowledge I have gained from this Science.

My wife and I were vacationing in Southern France, near Marseille. We had decided to join a friend who invited us to a rugged coastline on the Mediterranean Sea. This particular spot can be described as a U shaped bathing area, with high cliffs on two sides of the U-shaped cove, and an entrance to the sea at the turn of the U. I have been a strong swimmer and have had little fear with my swimming ability. However, the water where I was swimming began to get rough and choppy, so I decided to swim back to the entrance of the cove. Because I was making little progress in getting back I became concerned. One thing I kept in mind throughout this situation was to stay away from the jagged rocks. Looking over to where the rocks were, I noticed that the waves over the years had created a cavity-like pocket. I've always been warned by experienced swimmers and life guards to stay away from the rocks. At this point everything seemed to move fast in my mind. My concern changed to worry, and then suddenly I was stricken by terror.

In that confused and terrified state for my life I saw what no one else might have seen had they been there and that was a brilliant light over me, and a message followed. "You don't have to perish - you have Christian Science." I would like to point out at this time that I had never previously used the word "perish," but that was the precise message that came to me. I knew at that moment that I was going to be saved, but I did not know how. The next thing I became aware of was that I was at the very place which I was trying to avoid - that is, the rocks and the cavity created by the waves. At that seeming point of danger, there was a swelling on the sea and I was lifted above the danger point and placed on the rock above the cavity. I silently expressed my gratitude to God for this protection. After resting I decided not to enter the water again, but to climb carefully up the steep slope and walk around to the U point where I had entered. When I arrived I looked down and there was a young girl being hashed against the rocks just as I had feared what could have happened to me. I reached down and pulled the girl out. Her back was raw caused by the bashing against the jagged rocks. She, too, expressed her gratitude. It certainly was a glorious day. I do recall reading over and over "God's Law of Adjustment," by Adam Dickey. In that article, Adam Dickey stated in so many words that even if one were in trouble out at sea God's law of adjustment was present.

- Raynold