Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Healed of scarlet fever

In our family there have been five generations attending Christian Science church services.  My grandmother was the first.  My grandpa had scarlet fever.  They lived in a small northern Wisconsin town at the time.  A lady gave my grandma a copy of a Christian Science Sentinel and asked her to read it.  She said that if my grandma wanted to verify the authenticity of those healed in that Sentinel to call them.  His obituary had already been written, but the story had a happy ending. My grandpa was healed immediately after my grandma contacted a practitioner in Minneapolis.  There was only one other family in New Richmond, Wisconsin who knew anything about Christian Science.  Every Sunday there was a church service in either my grandparents' home or the woman who had introduced my grandma to the Sentinel.  My mother who was maybe ten years old played the piano and she played the hymns at each service.  That to me is Christian Science of the heart.