Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Severe burn healed through prayer


Just before I attended your lecture "Texting God: Effective Short Prayers" Saturday, May 12th in Portland, Oregon I was power washing our sidewalks.  The power washer ran out of gas.  I thought my husband had filled it so I was a bit mad that I had to fill it myself, start it again, and do all the work myself.  Starting it was a difficult processes.  In my anger I put my hand on the exhaust vent and it was very hot.  I experienced pain and a large blister formed.   I grumbled as I started back my washing.  The pain was very severe so I realized it had to get rid of it along with my anger.  Both were no part of me as God's precious daughter.  They both left after I prayed.  But I was still afraid I would lose the skin and have a return of the pain as I had had last time I was severely burned. 

At your lecture I prayed the "NO" prayer.  I knew that God, all good, left no room for reoccurring pain or loss of skin.  I was sure that I was completely healed during the lecture.  I had no more pain.  The next time I noticed my hand there was no blister, only normal skin.  Thanks for showing me how simple and powerful prayer is.
-T Johnston

Labels: , , , , ,