Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Freedom from persistent rash

A number of years ago my fiancé returned from his overseas military service just as I was graduating from college. We married and moved to his home town, a very small community in the southern part of the U.S.A., 1500 miles from my family and friends. In just days my situation changed from being the spoiled little sister of three big brothers to being a very unapproved daughter-in-law in my husband's family. The main objection was my religion, which was all but unknown in this area.

A year later our first child was born. I had just turned 21 and found myself unable to cope with the pressures of motherhood and the very unhappy marital situation. I became very ill and my husband and his family took me to the local hospital for treatment. The symptoms included a severe weeping rash over my entire body.

My parents arranged for the baby and me to be flown home. Before I left the hospital the Physician talked with me at length in his office. He opened one of his textbooks which displayed pictures of persons who had the illness he had diagnosed as my problem. He said that I would never be free of this disease, and that the rash would reappear each year.I closed the book and handed it back to the Physician.

When I arrived at my parent's home I was able to contact an experienced Christian Science practitioner for prayerful help. The practitioner shared many citations from the Bible and the Christian Science textbook, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures," by Mary Baker Eddy. One citation was, "Inasmuch as God is good and the fount of all being. He does not produce moral or physical deformity; therefore such deformity is not real, but is illusion, the mirage of error." (page 243-244). Over the weeks we worked together the major portion of the difficulty was healed. The rash, however, would reappear yearly as the doctor had predicted.

One day as I was bathing preparing to go out, the rash was once again announcing its presence. I suddenly realized that the rash was absolutely nothing but a medical theory and prediction. I sat upright in the tub and said with authority, "Get your trash off of my body!" That was the absolute end of the problem!

I am deeply grateful for all the goodness that God has unfolded in my life through the study of Christian Science.

-Betty