Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Harmony restored with grandchildren

Earlier this month, I was having difficulty getting my two young grandchildren settled down for their afternoon nap.  I became very still, listened for God’s presence, relaxed, and started singing the childhood song, Jesus Loves Me.  Kennedy (8 months) started relaxing in my arms while Madison (2 years old) listened intently and become very quiet on the couch.  Within a few minutes, Kennedy was asleep in her bed, while Madison was resting on my lap.  Harmony was restored and we all woke up refreshed two hours later.

Over the years, I have felt closest to God when I take the time to be very still, listen closely to God, and then “sing the right tune”.  More recently, I started studying Christian Science, and came across Mary Baker Eddy’s definition for Heaven as “Harmony; the reign of Spirit; government by divine Principle; spirituality; bliss; the atmosphere of Soul” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 587).

As my spiritual understanding of God grows, I am learning that we can experience Heaven (harmony) in the here and now. As the words in the song I Will Come Before the Lord expresses (Album Inhabiting Eternity sung by Kathy Glover and Char Beck): Day and night, You are my song And we sweetly sing together To worship and praise Thee Singing within Thy house forever. Day and night, You are my song.

- M Schultz Texas