Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

A lesson in listening for divine direction

I stopped at the store before going to a client’s house.  I placed my phone in my work bag as I was getting out of the car.  I locked my car with the key and put the key in my pocket.  I went to the bathroom, picked up the vegetables I needed, and checked out. On my way out of the store, I looked for my keys to get ready to unlock the car. I searched my uniform pockets and my outer coat pockets. I took everything out of my purse. I went outside to the car to see if I had missed getting them into my pocket, but still, no keys. I started to pray that God knows where the keys are, and if I would be calm, divine Mind would let me know where they were.
I asked salespeople if any keys had been turned in, and I retraced my steps from the bathroom to the produce area. While I was checking the bathroom stalls, the thought came that I should use the bathroom while I was there. But I thought instead I should call a locksmith and call my office to tell them I was locked out of my car. I knew I would have to wait for the locksmith to come, and I was very worried that even if the locksmith opened the door, without keys I would not be able to drive. I was in a town an hour away from home. Who could drive me to my client’s home? I needed to protect the privacy of my client.
With the salesperson's help, phone, and phone book, I was able to get a locksmith and to leave a message for my office. I did one more round of my route, pockets, and purse. I found myself in the bathroom yet again. The thought was I really should use the bathroom while I was waiting. As I sat down, I found my keys. I forgot that I had worn a uniform jacket under my overcoat, and the pockets had gotten pushed back to the sides, out of my reach. But if I had stopped to listen to that small voice while I searched the bathroom earlier, I would have quickly found the keys. With no calls to the locksmith or office, I would have been on time to work. I was grateful for the extra blessings, though. There was no service charge, the staff was very understanding, and I was able to make a full shift for my client.
-Star in Murfreesboro