Christian healing

Healing happens! I wanted a place to share the sweet stories of God's grace and power that people send to me. Lift up your heart with joy to the Lord! Rejoice, be glad, and praise God's wonderful works to the children of men.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

Worrying averted through prayer during search for lost purse

Worrying averted through prayer during search for lost purse


I was shopping recently, and after going to several stores had to drive for another half hour to get to the final store.  When I started to get out of the car I realized that I didn’t have my purse with me.  My sister was driving, and we drove all the way back to the last store to get my purse.  However, they didn’t have it.  It had not been turned in.  I then went to the other stores where we had previously shopped, and it wasn’t at those places either.
I went home and began praying, with the thought that nothing is ever lost in God’s kingdom.
After several days, I called my credit card companies to see if there was any activity on those cards.  There was none.  However, I cancelled the cards and requested new numbers.  I also ordered a new driver’s license.
And of course, I called a practitioner to know the truth with me.  One item that bothered me was that my house keys were in the purse, and whoever had the purse would also know my home address (from the driver’s license). The practitioner and I prayed to know that Principle was at work, and that God and we are to know that people are inherently honest. I kept calling the stores to have them continue checking to see if someone had turned in my purse.
I had been very worried.  However, after the second week I decided to “let go and let God,” and I released the entire situation to His blessing.  I felt such freedom!!
The day that I released all to God my driver’s license was slid through my mail slot along with the mail.  On it was a note that one of the stores had my wallet!  That same day my driver’s license arrived from the Dept. of Transportation.
The lady that had left the license had also given me her phone number.  I left a message for her to call me back, and when she did she told me that my entire purse was at the store. and that since she lived nearby she’d be happy to deliver it to me.  What a fantastic offer!!  However, I couldn’t wait, so that next morning I quickly drove to the store and retrieved my purse, but nobody could tell me where they found it or how that after 2 weeks it should suddenly appear.  I called the lady back, and she told me that after 2 weeks the store donates all of the lost and found articles to charities, and somehow my purse got into that pile, which was way in the back of the store.  She apologized profusely that it took 2 weeks to locate the purse, but that the holidays had many new workers who probably were unaware of that particular lost and found location.
I am so very grateful for Christian Science, for the special help of practitioners, and for the gifts from God which we have daily.
Barbara in Philadelphia